Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mommy's Birthday

Today is my 36th birthday. Wow. I called my mom this morning - early around 615 AM and told her I felt old. She laughed at me. Then we chatted and talked like we usually do. Thanks for being such a great friend mom. It was a nice way to start my birthday.
People kept asking what we were doing special to celebrate my birthday. This year I am pretty happy to just hang out with Becky and Ally. My vacation is over today - I go back to work tomorrow, and it is really hot here. Summer seems to have arrived in full force.
I took a bunch pictures today just to help me remember the day.



It was hot enough I had to set up the fan for the living room. We have decided no air conditioning in there this year! Ally was enthralled with the fan.
Then she started getting goofy and tried to stuff her gorilla in the microwave of her kitchen.
The now not so surprising eye roll - as gorilla topples down from the kitchen.


Becky calls this hair-do "the fountain".

Ally running home from the park this afternoon. She has such joy. And if you look at this post from last year you can see her sporting the same creeper.
Yes apparently a one piece romper-type garment is also called a creeper. I never knew this until Ally's current favorite book mentions babies wearing creepers. Its Everywhere Babies and we highly recommend it.

I requested no money be spent on my gift this year. So Becky made me this purse/bag. I was so surprised and extremely impressed. She used fabric we already had and did the whole this herself. Its even reversible. She gave me an IOU for one with new fabric if I wanted. But I love this one.
Tonight one of the neighborhood moms we swap babysitting with is coming over to stay with Ally while we go see the new Harry Potter movie. I am pretty psyched - for the movie and 3 hours in air conditioning.
We put Ally to bed at 6:15Pm tonight and she was asleep by 6:35. It was her second day in a row with no nap and she was pretty tired.
Thank-you to all my friends and family for the great cards and birthday wishes. I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Ahhhh, happy birthday to a very special "mommy". I think that was such a wonderful way to spend your "special" day. I had to laugh at the comment though at age 36, you're feeling old!!!! We adopted in our 40's!!!! so don't ask me my age, I'll let it be a mystery!!! LOL

We get that same "eye roll", hmmmmm and then the melt downs like no tomorrow, ugh............ tempers tempers tempers with these special young little one!!!!

Blowing out the candles for you and sending big birthday {{HUG}}

PS: Bag/purse is beautiful - how talented - new career???? LOVE it!

Rhonda