Friday, July 17, 2009

My trip

At the end of June I went on a trip to England, the Isle of Man and Ireland with my mom, her sister, my Aunt Martha and Martha's daughter, my cousin Katy. It was a wonderful trip; lots of family bonding and incredible sites and experiences.

We traveled to the Isle of Man because it is where my Great Grandparents were born and lived until they emigrated to the USA in the 1890s when they were in their early 20s. Philip came over first and settled in the Chicago area and then he sent for Emma. It was an amazing experience to visit the places they lived and worked and worshipped.
I know this is the life of Ally blog, but since I was gone for so long, I wanted to include some information and pictures about my trip here on the blog.


The London Eye - as seen from the Barb and Martha's hotel room.


Its actually the Tower Bridge, but I tell Ally its London Bridge.


The 4 of us at Warwick Castle.

My mom and I at Stonehenge

This is on the Isle of Man - its the steam engine that inspired Thomas the Tank Engine

Isle of Man


Isle of Man


Katy and I in Ireland

2 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I took my dad to Scotland (where his grandparents were born and lived until their 20's when they came to the US) a few years before he died and we saw the ancestral castle along with many other very old and crumbly things. It was a great trip and I am so glad that he came with us.

Mama Bear said...

How truly awesome. I LOVE hearing about the family and love seeing the pictures. What a beautiful place and what wonderful memories and bonding. Awesome.