Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tired after a long day

Saturday was a great day. Ally and I went to the park for a while in the morning so that Becky could go to the fabric store to buy some fabric for new curtains. Actually she is making new roman shades for our bedroom. There is a picture of the fabric at the end of this post. We had fun at the fabric store on Friday after work and then Saturday Becky went back to buy some additional fabric. Today, she actually did all the machine sewing for the panels, and this week hopes to get them hung up. Yes I am super lucky that she is so crafty. This time I did not even need to iron or assist in the crafting - I just picked out the fabric.
Back to Saturday - Ally and I went to the park. Ally was on the "big girl swings" for 30 minutes. She can pump with her upper body now, but still doesn't have the leg pumping figured out yet. It was so funny - she would say "I need a push" and I would make her say please, then I would push her and get on the swing next to her so I could swing too. Every time she would wail "no, no, no mommy swing" I just kept saying if she could swing then so could mommy. It must have sunk in because today at the park when she was in the little kid swing she asked me to swing too. I laughed and said it was too small for me. Eventually we made it back to the big girl swings today and she was fine with me swinging along side her.
After the park we ate lunch and then Ally took a nap. After nap we went to picnic at our friends Julie & Rosa's house. They hosted our monthly Adoptive Families group for the annual summer picnic. It was lots of fun. Even more fun, for Ally because Rosa has a swing in her yard. Becky and I groaned when we saw it - we were worried about tantrums for having to share the swing and feared spending the entire picnic trapped near the swing. Ally behaved beautifully and was very good about taking turns on the swing and we were worried for nothing.
After the picnic we went to a neighborhood block party. Not our block, but some friends in the neighborhood invited us to their block for the party. There were acrobats and circus performers. Becky put Ally on her shoulders so she could see better and I think Ally's face tells best how tired she was.
After the circus we danced in the street with some friends and then came home. It was a great day.

The fabric for our new roman shades!

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

What a lot of fun. I love your block parties. Ours here are boring compared to all you have!!! LOVE the fabric, great choice and how great that Becky has the "crafty" genes. Wish I had more of those!!!!