Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not too cold giraffes

It was finally warm enough to see the giraffes at our zoo! For months when we talk about the zoo Ally says "too cold giraffes".

giraffes and zebras


Ally was so entranced by them.


We thought watching him bend down to eat was pretty cool.



We had to ride the carousel. I'm so impressed Ally knows that word - I grew up calling it a merry go round.



I love this little girl.


And the mother gorilla, Kiki, loves her baby too. So much so she is still nursing him 5 years after he was born. The nice zoo volunteer told us gorillas nurse to age 5! Kiki is trying to wean the baby now, as its time. He went on to say we were lucky to see her nursing, sometimes she refuses and smacks the baby on the head and sends him away. I'm glad we missed that.

Ally was delighted to learn the gorilla's name and keeps talking about Kiki and "the man" who told us her name.




I think this is my new favorite picture of Ally. She looks so mysterious. Its not her usual glee-filled smile, but still so her.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

I love the pictures. That last picture of her is truly gorgeous. Wish I could get the girls to keep on hats, just got them to keep in bows!