Thursday, July 16, 2009

Present

Last week we thought it would be great if we mimicked Prudence in the potty book. For those of you not familiar with the book Prudence gets a potty as a gift from her grandma, and then after trying it out as a hat, a planter etc she finally sits and sits and sits and goes on the potty. Ally has a little pink potty she likes, but it is small and she seems to be so uncomfortable on it, that we decided to get her a big pink potty and have it wrapped like a present. Becky gave it to Ally in the morning while I was at work.
opening the big present

Very excited


Cat Carl always has to get in on the action
The big pink potty
So happy

But in the end Ally refuses to sit on the big pink potty she only wants the little potty. Becky and I decided a few days later to give potty training a break again. It seems that Ally is just not ready. We double checked with her pre-school and there is no requirement that she be potty trained by the time she starts in September. We'll try again in a few weeks to check and see if Ally is into it then. But for now its back to diapers for us.

The best part about the whole big potty is that when I came home from work I asked Ally (as I do everyday) what she did that day. This time she told me "big present" and then showed me the big potty. She was very proud and excited about her big present.

Language is such a cool thing. The other day I was putting pony tails in Ally's hair and telling Becky I had 1 in. All of a sudden Ally says "Actually, I want 2 ponytails." Becky and I were in stitches. Where did Ally learn that turn of phrase for actually?



2 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

Sabrina is constantly cracking us up with the phrases and words she uses. I don't know where she gets half of them but it is such a hoot!

Mama Bear said...

We too are having so much fun with all the phrases and you just wonder where in the world did that come from.

AND we too are struggling with potty training. Em just flat out refuses but comes to have her diaper changed when wet or soiled. I don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!