Friday, May 4, 2012

Crazy Strong Girl

She can finally do it! Ally can reach the monkey bars at our park with out a boost. For two years now we've had a milk crate for her to stand on so she could reach. But GOOD BYE milk crate.

 Above was the first day she could do it. She always runs over and tries and this time she could reach! She was so excited, and so was I. I took the picture with my phone and emailed it to Becky right away.  It was awesome.

 At school she has mastered the monkey bars there as well - these are much higher than the ones at our park and they swing since they are on ropes. But it doesn't bother Ally at all.

 Here is her latest feat of brute strength. I used to call this "cat's cradle" when you pull your body up through your legs and then are inverted hanging from the bar.
This is not an uncommon trick - many kids can do it.

 The brute strength is that Ally can hang like this above for a long  time - as in several minutes. And she can swing her body in that position. Unbelievable.

She said her arms were tired so we left to walk home.

 But as we approached the park closest to our house Ally said to me "my arms aren't tired any more mommy" I asked if that meant she wanted to play at the park. Of course!

 Back at the monkey bars. Again and again. She can no do them backwards and skip bars.




She was in a great mood and the weather was beautiful so I just couldn't resist getting a few of Ally's smiles.

No comments: