Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I love you both

When I picked Ally up at school on Friday I glimpsed something different in her backpack - it was a piece of paper with Mommy clearly written on it!
Usually papers have mama on them, I asked Ally once how come she made so many pictures for mama and none for me at school. She told me she knew how to spell mama but not how to spell mommy! One of her friends, Grant, heard us talking - and he said "its easy...m-o-m-m-y or you could write ma, m-a or you could write mom, m-o-m" Ally looked at him quite perplexed, since to her each name is a different distinct parent, not a pseudonym for mother. Ally and I talked about how Grant was right mommy is m-o-m-m-y and we left it at that. So I was quite excited a few weeks later to see a paper with mommy on it. Even more surprising was what the whole paper said. I opened up it at home.

 It was a butterfly
And clearly written on a piece of paper glued to the butterfly were the words"I love you both"
Awwwww it makes my heart melt.
Upon a closer look the front of the butterfly has both of our names - my name Mommy is in the middle and Becky's name Mama is in the bottom left (on the rain cloud as Becky pointed out). The students all use scrap paper for their creations, and this was clearly a leftover worksheet.


Then on Saturday we went to a kids concert by one of our friends and Ally spent the entire time working on the above picture of our family. She said I am the one in the purple dress, and Becky is the one with all yellow hair. We especially like Ally and my two-toned hair. Ally pointed out that the hair is outlined in the correct color - hers is black and mine is brown.
I think our giant figures are pretty cool.

No comments: