Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peeling an Orange

These pictures are actually from December 18, 2008. I took them and planned on blogging about this, but then one of our cats got really sick before Christmas (Carl - the orange one that is super good with Ally, but he is better now) and then we went away and well I never got it posted. But in my opinion its still blog worthy.
I came home from work one day and Becky told me Ally peeled an orange, its a clementine actually, but all by herself. She just sat and did it during her co-op. (For those of you who don't know, Becky and Ally are part of a neighborhood babysitting co-op with 6 other families, so Ally has co-op three days a week, Becky works 1 or 2 of the days and has the other time(s) off. )
I was, as usual, bummed I missed something so cool as that, so I gave her another clementine and she proceeded to peel it and of course I grabbed the camera and started taking pictures!

Ally started standing up at her kitchen sink.

Then she sat down so she could concentrate better.

She even put all the peels in the sink. (Too bad the play kitchen does not have a real disposal!)

When she was done she started eating it. She looks mad here, but her cheeks are just full of orange!

1 comment:

Dr. Samantha said...

mad skills on that girl...will she come over and peel one for me? i looooove clementines.