Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mommy's Birthday

I turned 37 on July 26. Somehow it seems much older than 36 did. I had to work and after work we went and picked up my special desert at the ice cream shop, opened up my gifts and then Becky and I went out for dinner and Ally stayed home with a babysitter. After dinner we had ice cream pie. It was a good birthday.

Ally was very excited to give me her gift - and yes she wrote her name herself! Inside the package was a bag handmade in Guatemala and the proceeds go towards FEED - which will provide nutrition supplements to 3 children in Guatemala for 1 year. And the bag itself was made by women in a fair trade craft center.

Ally and I with my special dessert. Ally declared it "yummy" and I have to agree, it was peanut butter frozen yogurt ice cream pie with fat free fudge and an Oreo crust. Delicious and about as guilt free for dessert as I could get.

We tried to take a family pictures. I think this one is hilarious!

No comments: