Monday, August 2, 2010

Growing Up

Out with the crib - converted to toddler bed: And finally into her "big girl bed":

Trying out the bed during the day with the new bed rail installed.

Posing for a good night picture at bedtime.


I snuck in and took this picture in the morning. She looks so tiny in the bed - and takes up about 10% of the space.

Ally did it! She has been having a hard time sleeping lately and we've been thinking it was time to move her into the twin bed in her room and out of her crib/toddler bed. I asked her one morning at 4AM why she could not sleep and she told me "because my bed is too small" we know that answers from 3 year olds are not always accurate or realistic expressions of emotions or reality, but in this case we thought it might be worth a try. So I ordered a bed rail - in pink! and when it arrived we installed it. Ally was excited to try it out right away and was pretty thrilled to sleep in it. She slept all night the first night, nap the second day and then all night the next 2 nights. Today will be day 4 of the "big girl bed" and we've been talking about how its time to find another family for her crib. She said yes it was time for it to go.
Wow she is getting to be so grown up. I am so proud of her sometimes I could burst. I went in to wake her the first morning and she was so thrilled and proud of herself for sleeping in the big bed. She gave me a high five and was beaming. It was wonderful.

No comments: