Thursday, June 9, 2011

Friends

I hesitate to use the phrase best friend since Ally has so many friends and I don't like to show favoritism or put words in Ally's mouth so many the term should be close friend. Below is Ally and Stella (on the ends) and Stella's little sister Violet in the middle. Stella and Ally started as friends in school last year and truly are friends- they argue, they tease, they play, they laugh and they have fun. This year they have been in gymnastics together and swimming lessons outside of school. Next year they will each go to different schools but we are hoping they remain friends. I bribed them with lollipops to sit still and smile for the camera!


I think it was worth it.

A huge aspect of preschool for me was the friends I have made there. Who knew I would make good friends at Ally's school. But Stella's mom is an architect and we have spent 2-3 afternoons a week for the past 2 years talking and chatting (in the basement during the winter and rainy days and on the playground in nice weather). I will miss my Shannon time and we are determined to keep up our friendship. At Shannon's suggestion our two families are going on vacation together in August - should be a fun time!

No comments: