Saturday, October 5, 2013

Who Knew

Who knew a white board was such a wonderful thing. One of Ally’s teach has a smart board in her classroom, which as I understand it is kind of an electronic whiteboard. But there is also a white board. Ally asked for one “mommy, I really want a white board for our house”.

We got one and she was so excited to use it – she asked me to text or call or email mama to put it up so it would be ready to use when we got home from music class.

Then she proceeded to spend over an hour on it.

IMG_4511IMG_4513

First it was practice writing her name, and then she wrote our names – in Spanish (I am mami not mommy) and a picture of our face next to our name. I think its her Spanish teacher who has the board.

IMG_4515IMG_4517

A chart with numbers and columns – she took a piece of paper, hung it with a magnet and drew lines on the paper – like 1st grade paper and then wrote her name on the lines. The teacher have been working on the y below the line and using capital and lower case letters.

IMG_4519IMG_4525

Then Ally drew herself working at her table and wrote in Spanish I am drawing  “Yo debujar” she wrote more and continued the sentence to say I am drawing at my table – but I missed taking a picture of the whole sentence.  Then there is a picture of our whole family – including our 2 cats and our fish.  Ally was really proud of her non-stick figure people.

IMG_4526IMG_4529

For a while Becky and Ally played hangman and Ally created an elaborate chart with numbers. Then before bed – she told Becky to close her eyes and Ally wrote a message “I hope that you feel better for mama” Becky is sick – has a cold and was feeling crummy. Talk about love. As I tucked her in to bed, Ally told me to leave the message up so mama could see it all day while she stayed home sick from work.

No comments: