Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Fun

This weekend we watched a lot of football. We saw all of 3 1/2 games. Phew - and my teams won 3 of the 4 games. Even with all the football we had plenty of time to get some great shots of Ally. She is so much fun. It seems like everyday there is something new and different. She has learned the Baby Sign for "more", she tends to use it when she wants something different to eat, not just more food. But she is definitely getting the idea. Her "all done" sign is really just an arm sweep, but her point is loud and clear!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.Ally loves the chair. One of her favorite thinsg is to bang stuff on the window. You can imagine how annoying (um delightful) that is for us, but you can tell she is really proud of herself.I did say there was a lot of football watching. Becky thought we looked so cute, me, Ally and Ally's baby doll all lined up in a row.


I keep catching Becky sitting in the pink chair. I have no idea why, especially when there are 2 adult-sized chairs on either side of it!
Here I am watching the Green Bay-Seattle game and yes, I let Ally sit on my head and pull all the tissues out of the box. It ss amazing what I will put up with to watch football.

This is a new skill Ally demonstrated this weekend - eating applesauce with her fingers.

She almost got it in, you can see her finger tracks in the pile of applesauce.Yum - I think it feels good on her teething mouth to suck the applesauce off her fingers. But judge for your self in the next shot.

I just love these 3 pictures of Ally reading the ads in the Sunday paper. She is also modeling her Christmas gift from Aunt Suzie & Gruncle. Happy belated birthday Aunt Suzie!!!

She caught me looking at her.

She looks so grown up here.

January 13 was our 7 month family anniversary. June 13 is when my mom and I brought Ally home to the US. It was so amazing to see Becky at the airport and introduce Ally to the rest of our family over the next week.

Today is January 14 and as much as I have looked forward to today for the past 14 months I almost missed commemorating it. Today is the day that Ally has been with us longer than she was away. Wow - I am so glad to have reached this milestone. We are so grateful to her foster family for taking such good care of her for the first 7 months of her life.

Ally & Mommy

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ally is so cute and looks like so much fun !! Happy Annivesary