Monday, February 25, 2008

What a day!

Last Thursday, February 21, 2008 was a big day for Ally. We thought walking on her own was enough for one week, but apparently Ally was ready for more firsts. Keep reading for the story.
She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. I used to sleep like this and just could not resist taking a shot of her in the "frog pose".
But when she wakes up peaceful is not always the best word to use to describe her!
Ally has become really good at pointing to what she wants - we pick it up and she grabs for it if we guess right and she shakes her head no if we grab wrong. (It would be a fun game if only we could guess right more often.) So after several minutes of NOT being able to figure out what she wanted I finally took her out of the chair but she would not stop pointing and reaching toward the table where the yogurt container was. It was a full container, since she refused to let me feed it to her while she was in the high chair, so I picked up the yogurt and she was still reaching for the table, so I gave her the spoon and all of a sudden she was dipping the spoon into the yogurt and putting the spoon in her mouth. AMAZING - so of course Becky grabbed the camera and we took pictures to document the occasion.
She is so proud of herself! (and can you tell how proud I am?)
I ended up with yogurt all over me, and she did get alot in her mouth, even though it looks like she only got it on her face!
After dinner she found her gym bag and started taking stuff out of it, you can see a diaper behind her and her sippy cup next to her.
Yes Ally has a gym bag. For those of you who don't know, Becky and I have been working on losing weight for several months now. At Christmas we had lost 25 pounds each. We joined a gym in January and have managed to lose 10 more pounds a piece! Ally goes to the Nursery at the gym while Becky works out, and so she has her own gym bag with diapers, wipes, cheerios & water. I just love her bag - we bought it at Bean and it has a little girl with the same skin tone and hair as Ally embroidered on it. Lately Ally likes to carry it around while she walks thru the house.




1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

Great work on the weight loss! I'll have to get pointers after my butt is done ballooning up this summer. I fear at my age it will take some major time to get rid of it all!