Friday, September 26, 2008

Sporting a hand-me-down from mommy

When we last went to NY to visit my parents my mom had me go thru my room and clean out all my stuff from my childhood. I persuaded her to keep the C.abbage Patch kids and my B.arbie dolls at her house for Ally to play with as she got older, but I had to take everything else. One of the treasures I found was a box of old baby clothes of mine that I used to play dress up with my dolls. I could not bear to get rid of them after saving them for 35 years so I brought most of the home. So here Ally is at the park on a crisp cool autumn day sporting a pink knit sweater from 1973! I guess classic pieces never do go out of style!


Ally looks so serious - what do you think she's thinking?

Oh not so serious - just biting her tongue, probably to keep from asking me to stop taking pictures of her!

One of the things Ally likes lately is to open up bags - here she is trying to get into my backpack.



Yes she can climb the ladder all by herself.



Do you remember the post from this summer when I accidentally turned the water on Ally? The water is off now and she knows its safe to run around. But she still points at the holes where the water comes up.

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Those are soooo precious and how awesome your mom saved those from all that time!!!! Mine tossed out all of mine, hahahahaha
Rhonda
http://fourchildrenrus.blogspot.com/

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

How cute she is pointing at the hole where the water comes up. She is so cute in your sweater too! How neat that your mom kept all that stuff!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

How cute she is pointing at the hole where the water comes up. She is so cute in your sweater too! How neat that your mom kept all that stuff!