Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time out for Mama

I came home for lunch yesterday, a rare occasion lately since work has been, well, work lately. While I was home Becky threw a crayon. Yes, mama picked up a crayon off the floor and threw it on to the table, about 4 feet away. In front of Ally. Ally watched her throw the crayon. So mama had to have a time out for throwing. Ally then picked up a crayon and threw hers too, so she had to join mama in timeout.
Mama was so upset and embarrassed. Of course I took pictures and promised to blog about it.


I just love the way Ally is looking up at her, like why are you shaking mama? Don't you know its not any fun to be in timeout? Or maybe she was thinking "mama, why did you throw the crayon, you know I like to imitate you! Then I threw the crayon and now we're both in timeout" Either way the whole incident was priceless.

PS - it wouldn't have been such a big offense, except the night before mama flung teddy across the room to the bed. I know being a mama is tough work, but we agreed that it was important to model good behavior for Ally and limit throwing things until she was in bed or not at home. Then the very next day Becky threw the crayon. I guess I should have given her a timeout the first time and not a second chance.


PPS - I just viewed this post with Ally and asked her to tell me what happened. She said "mama throw... Ally throw... timeout... mama sad". Until then I forgot that a toddler would interpret laughing so hard tears come to your eyes as sadness and not happiness.

6 comments:

Mama Bear said...

LOL LOL LOL and you know it's a MINUTE for every year of age!!!!! That is so cute and we are soooooo going through that now. It amazes me though how expressionable their eyes are. The rolling of them is just priceless!

Too funny!

Mama Bear said...

LOL LOL LOL and you know it's a MINUTE for every year of age!!!!! That is so cute and we are soooooo going through that now. It amazes me though how expressionable their eyes are. The rolling of them is just priceless!

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Poor Wittle Becky! Some kids just NEVER learn!

Summer Ryan Doyle said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious. I think I should probably have to do a timeout every time I drop an S or F bomb, but then I'd just be sitting out all day.

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

You two are too funny! I love that you blogged about it too! Jenny would never let me and she probably wouldn't even sit in time out : )

Dr. Samantha said...

excellent job at seeing it through! LOL.