Monday, July 25, 2011

New Addition to Our Family

Why is Ally smiling in this picture?
Because of our new addition. Meet Spotted our new fish. He is a blue male betta fish. The guy at the pet store said a betta fish was low maintenance, and hard to kill. Sold is what I said. Ally chose his name. She kept asking me what I thought but I refused to give any ideas. One idea she had was Jupi Fish. Jupiter was her classroom fish who died over winter break last year, they called him Jupi. I said Jupi fish was another fish and I thought it would be good if she chose a new name for this one. I said Jupi Fish would be alright if that is what she really wanted. We let the conversation go and then a while later I asked again about his name and she declared "Spotted" with a huge grin on her face. So Spotted it is.



After we got his fish bowl ready and were waiting for the water to get to room temperature Ally made pictures to decorate the bowl.



A flower with her name on it.



Then she asked if she could show him her room. (Since he is going to live in her room - note the purple and pink rocks!)



hanging with Spotted in her room



She asked to eat lunch with him as well.



After nap time the water was ready and Ally asked if she could get him out and put him in the bowl.



There he is!



And Ally is so happy!




Ever since I got back from Ireland she has been commenting on how she would like a fish. Becky said it started while I was gone. I figured why not? 3 cats, a little girl and 2 moms, why not add a fish in the mix!

No comments: