Sunday, April 15, 2012

Super Sunday (and Birthday Party #10)

It has been a SUPER Sunday.

After breakfast we painted Ally's fingernails and my toe nails and then we started cleaning and sorting in Ally's bedroom.
We sorted thru 8 bins, threw a lot of stuff out, put things away in different spots so its easier for Ally to find things and keep her things organized.
I was still working when Becky came across our dinosaur flashcards. She and Ally started playing card games that Ally made up with the flashcards.
There was a card in the middle and they each had to sort thru their cards and see if they had a match with the card in the middle.
For example if the dinosaur in the middle was an herbivore, a styrachosaurus, and you had a herbivore a triceratops in your hand then you made a match.
Quite neat to witness.
Game 2 was kind of like go-fish with dinosaur cards.
Then it was time to get ready to go to Birthday Party #10 - Ally's teacher from last year, Jill, invited us to her birthday party.
Ally drew a picture on the card for Jill.
Ally says "I like my my new baby doll."
Here she is - I think Ally decided to name her Dolly.
Yes - I bought her a new doll. Ally never asks for things but when we went to the mall she asked if we could buy an A.merican G.irl doll. She was so polite and sincere and patient. I agreed.
Becky and I had talked in advance about it and agreed if Ally asked of her own volition I would get her one. Its a bitty baby doll.
Ally and I talked about how her other doll, Baby would feel and she said she thought Baby would be happy to get a sister.
So sweet.

After the mall it was on to the party. Here is Ally walking Jill's dog Fenway. Several people commented on how responsible Ally was with the dog walking. I was impressed that Ally was not glued to me for the whole party. We only knew about 6 people out of 30.
Ally ate her first cone-cake.
Actually she only ate a few bites of frosting and then gave me the rest.
Here is Ally (with her Dolly) and Jill.
Its pretty neat how Jill has morphed from a teacher to a friend to our family.
I was so happy when as we left the party and walked to the car Ally said "that was a really fun party".
Thanks Jill for a great afternoon.

No comments: