Friday, April 13, 2012

Worth it

In a few weeks Becky and I are going to a wedding and as it turns out I don't have a dress I like that I want to wear. I've been searching and even have a couple possibilities that I need to return, but nothing that I felt good about. So one day this week after school I suggested a trip to a local mall that has some outlets. I was feeling optimistic and ready to do something different for the afternoon. Becky was game and interested in shopping (a rarity) but Ally was not really interested in going to the mall with us so I told her if she would go with us, and be good and not complain or whine I would let her ride the ride at the mall. She finally agreed.


It was a success - I found a dress - on super sale and Becky got new jeans for $17.00. How often does that happen?


But the best part was this:


Can you see how happy Ally is ? She had this HUGE smile on her face the entire ride. She was so delighted. And it was so worth the $1.00 to have a happy trip to the mall and to see this smile.


And a new milestone was achieved because on the way home we stopped at McDonald's and got Ally a Happy Meal for dinner and she actually ate all of it. For the first time ever she ate the entire thing -the apple slices which she loves, the kid fries, and all 4 chicken nuggets and the chocolate milk. GO ALLY!!!!

And in other food news this week Ally ate a turkey burger and she tried wheat germ when we made banana bread (its in the recipe) and before I knew she was eating the wheat germ with a spoon like it was oatmeal. Seriously she has some kind of healthy food radar. It was hilarious to me. She loved it.
I love her.

No comments: