Sunday, November 11, 2012

Party Prep

So its no secret I like to plan for a party, so we have been hard at work on party decorations and things for Ally’s 6th birthday party next Saturday.

IMG_8764IMG_8761

It is a flower theme so we’ve been making huge tissue paper flowers – even bigger than Ally’s head! This is a plain one, but I figured out how to make curved and spiky leaves. Very cool!

One night when all three of us were working on the flowers. Ally said “I hear a great sound” and I said what do you hear and her reply “I hear a happy family”. Melt – I seriously think my heart melted at her words.

IMG_8818IMG_8819

We made chocolate lollipops for the “goody bags”

IMG_8821IMG_8789

And stamped the goody bags with a flower stamp. Ally worked on painting a large flower banner to hang over our couch.

There is still more work to do and its fun fun fun.

Now if only Ally would stop worrying about how a birthday means getting a shot. Little does she know I made an appointment for Becky to take her on their day off Monday, so that at her 6 year physical she won’t have to get a shot. Becky is already strategizing ways to make it happen without getting peed on. It her her turn though since it has happened to me the last 3 years!

No comments: