Sunday, August 25, 2019

Changes this Summer

I got a year older and celebrated my 46th birthday


 


Ally got contact lenses!



That is her above with them in for the first time going to gymnastics. So contacts...
For many years Ally has been concerned she would need glasses even though her vision was always great. And I would tell her if she needed to wear them all the time she could get contacts. Well this summer on our trip to California she wore her prescription sunglasses a lot. Enough to realize how much better she can see with glasses than without. But she still refused to wear her regular ones. Just like when she was a small child who refused to wear jeans I made her give me an explanation for why. (Back then it was because jeans were hard to move in and she could not as easily bend and stretch in them as she could in leggings.) 
For the glasses this summer she told me “I don’t feel like myself.” Well that was a pretty good explanation to me so I asked if she wanted contacts and she said YES.
So I called the eye doctor and scheduled a consult. We had 3 appointments in 3 weeks:
1) initial consult; Ally was approved for contacts and was instructed to practice touching her eyes to get ready for contacts 
2) she learned how to put in and take out the contacts. She had to do it 2 times in the office. Then she got a week’s supply to try out
3) back to see the eye doctor and report back on how the trial worked. Ally wore them to practice all day and loved it! So after another eye test with the contacts in and show the doctor how she puts them in and out. We then ordered a year supply of lenses.

Then on the 4th week I went and picked them all up! Ally is so happy. She wears them daily and has noticed how much better her vision is that now she wears her glasses to watch TV if she doesn’t have the contacts in. 

I’m so proud of her. 

And the other big change in August was that Ally got braces! She has been asking about them for years at her dental check up. Ally wants straight teeth.

She got them on her top teeth and then in a couple months she’ll have them put on the bottom too. Hopefully in 2 years braces will be complete. 


Before the appointment. Last brace free picture for at least two years!


During the appointment 



After!



Headed to gymnastics with contacts in and braces on!

No comments: