Saturday, March 12, 2022

COVID

Apparently not everything that happens in Vegas stays in Vegas because I brought COVID home. 
It took almost 2 years but one of us finally got COVID. Me.


It was crazy. I started feeling crummy on Thursday. Friday I was sure I had COVID but I had 2 negative at home antigen tests.
Saturday morning my throat was hurting very bad and I took another at home test, negative. To be sure we all three of us went and got PCR tests. 
Negative. 
But Sunday my throat hurt worse than anything I’ve experienced. I couldn’t swallow without grimacing in pain and I hadn’t been able to sleep for the past two nights because it hurt so much. So I went to urgent care. They gave me a rapid strep, flu and COVID test all came back negative, they said it was a virus and to drink lots of fluids and rest.  They also did a PCR test.
Monday I went to see my Doctor Bc after 3 nights of very little sleep and a terrible sore throat and all these negative COVID tests I was getting worried about what was wrong with me.
The doctor took the same tests with the same results. But also gave me antibiotics and some numbing solution to gargle with to help my throat.

Then later in the day Urgent Care called to say my PCR test came back positive and I did have COVID.

It was a relief actually. To now know what was wrong with me. My doctor said not to take the antibiotics. And to drink and rest. I started my isolation in my room. 


My throat hurt so bad. And the heating pad helped a lot.


I isolated in our bedroom. We set up the microwave (so I could keep the heating pad hot), an electric kettle for tea and also a toaster. Becky would bring me a container of ice and Diet Coke in the morning before work and I would not leave my room except to go to the bathroom all day or night. 


I asked for pictures of Ally. This day she was giving an oral presentation at school.


Shamrock shake selfie after school.


Final day of 2nd trimester. Hard to believe freshman year is 2/3 complete.


I was starting to feel better towards the end of the week.

Becky arranged her schedule to be able to take Ally to school for a couple of days and pick her up after school. On the last day of the semester they went for FroYo.


Aunt Martha and Uncle Phil sent me lovely flowers.

And by Thursday I was feeling much better.

Saturday morning my isolation was over and I was able to go visit Ally. I was still wearing my mask and trying to keep my distance. 

Saturday afternoon checking in on her and Daisy.

While Becky and Cloey took a nap. 


Sunday Ally went to volleyball practice, and another Shamrock shake afterwards.

It was rough. But not as bad as I had feared COVID would be. Becky and Ally did not get it (yet). And I was able to go to Miami with Ally as planned. 



No comments: