Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Golden 16th Birthday

Ally turned 16 on November 16, 2022. 16 on the 16th it called for a golden celebration.

We talked about a party, but Ally wasn’t sure, the timing is not great with it being mid week the last week of the semester at school. So Becky and I let us drop and with some hep from Beth we selected a gold necklace from Tiffany’s to honor Ally’s Golden 16th.

But Ally is sick. And I’m sick too. Seems like just a bad cold because we keep testing Negative for COVID. But Ally has missed 3 days of school, including today and we’ve been miserable.

Becky stayed home today as a family sick day to take care of us and help prep for “Ally’s Birthday Extravaganza” as I called it today. Ally rolled her eyes every time I declared it that. Beth of course came over, she hasn’t missed a birthday in 16 years. 

Ally slept most of the morning. Then we went upstairs and I gave her a pedicure and we watched a movie. After the movie Beth arrived and she and Becky and I decorated the living room while Ally did some homework.

Then at 4pm the Extravaganza began.


Fresh pedicure!

We have Ally 1 gift early, some new pajamas she could wear to the Extravaganza.


I baked the cake and sourced the decorations and the design but Becky executed it perfectly. It truly looked like a store bought cake. That was a “naked frosting” technique and meringues with a custom cake topper I ordered on Etsy.


The sisters hanging up balloons.


The living room decorations tour.



I had 16 themed posters printed up to cover our usual art.

And we hung gold and white paper fans all over the place. 

Ally was pretty impressed.

And excited to open her gift from Tiffany’s.

We had Chik Fil A for dinner.

Annual Aunt/niece photograph. They sat apart because of Ally’s cold.


Time to sing and blow out the candles.





Ally and I went and got PCR tests after the extravaganza. Just want to be really sure it’s not COVID.



Then it was home to watch a few episodes of SVU before bed. 
Hopefully school tomorrow.

I can’t hardly believe she is 16.

No comments: