Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Pics

I guess every parent feels this way about their kid, but we just think Ally is AWESOME, she is the cutest, most adorable, most brilliant, happy, fun and exciting kid on the planet. We feel so lucky to be her parents.
This weekend photo montage actually starts on Friday morning. Becky went in to get Ally up out of her crib and she found Ally looking like this. Becky calls it the "Elvis look". I was at work, but when I came home for lunch Becky made me look at this picture to see. Not only is it just funny, but Ally figured out how to unsnap her sleeper and unzip it all on her own! See - I told you she was brilliant!
One of her latest favorite things is to climb. My mom and dad gave her a doll stroller for Easter. Ally wants to sit it in - you can see her here kneeling in the seat of the stroller. The funniest thing to me is that she is so small she actually can sit in the stroller, and we could even buckle her in. We were so scared it would topple over, but it did not.
Saturday morning I was so thrilled to finally dress her in this outfit. My Aunt Martha bought this for Ally last February. We spent a week in Florida last year after our visit trip, when we met Ally for the first time. Aunt Martha bought this adorable warm up suit for Ally - its size 9 month, but she is finally big enough to wear it. (It is still loose, because she is so skinny). Here she is pictured doing one of her favorite things - sucking the water bottle. We have a couple water bottles around the house to spray the cats with, and Ally likes to suck the sprayer, and I think she actually manages to get water out!
I just could not resist this picture of her walking - she looks like such a big girl in the outfit with her shoes on walking so well!

A shot of Ally and me.


Another picture of Ally climbing - this time it was on baskets, once again her small stature comes in handy, as a larger kid would just break thru the wicker, but not our light-weight girl!



She really enjoyed her scooter this weekend, and started saying beep beep when she is on it. She has not yet figured out how to move herself, but Becky pushes and pulls her around, and Ally loves it!

Remember the climbing theme? This is actually a cat scratcher-thing for the cats, but she thinks its her own personal step. At one point her favorite cat Carl wanted to use it, but she pushed him off so she could stand on it! (and this weekend Ally started calling him by name! - yes she can now say Carl - it does sound like Ahrl - but we know what she means.)


This weekend she also started saying the number two! When I put on her socks and shoes I always say, one (for the first one) and then two (for the second) and after I said one she said two! I was so excited! Another big thing this weekend was that Ally now knows the difference between up and down. We spent quite some time saying Up and she would stand up tall, and then down and she would squat down low, then Up and then Down - over and over again. It was super cute. I think Becky got it on video, but I'm not sure. When ever Ally gets something like this she claps for herself - she is so proud. I just want to bottle up her self pride and save it for her teenage years!





1 comment:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

WOW Ally is SO cute! I think most parents think their children are wonderful because Jenny and I are always saying, "wow she is such a genius. or wow she is SO cute." Although I tend to think our Guatemalan kids are especially special : )

LOVE the addidas track suit it is so cute. I can't believe Ally fits into 9 mo. Mia is wearing 2T and even some 3T and a few 4T (capris as pants, but they fit around the waist)

Mia also loves to suck the spray bottle too and she will suck it dry. I though she was the only weird one!