Friday, September 25, 2009

The things she says

Lately Becky and I just shake with silent laughter at some of the things Ally says.

Some examples:

"I fall up and get a booby." Yes you read that right, no it was not a typo. Ally was actually talking about the time she fell down on the sidewalk and got an owie/booboo on her knee.

"I love chips" followed 5 minutes later with "no chips today" We had burgers and salad with potato chips for dinner, and since it was a warm evening at Ally's request we ate out on the porch. Ally wanted cereal, no surprise, since frosted mini-wheats is what she eats at most meals lately. She saw us eating chips and asked for some. We told her she had to eat the bowl of cereal she had before chips. She dawdled around and the shredded wheat got all soggy in the bowl so she said "I don't like this" so I gave her dry pieces to eat - the same quantity as was left in the bowl. She agreed to eat it before chips. She ate 4 of the 5 then asked for chips. We told her no - she had to eat all of the pieces. So she got up, went to the door and said "no chips today"

Its also quite amusing to have your 3 year ask for "shredded wheat" and say "shredded wheat is my favorite" on a regular basis. Ally calls frosted mini-wheats, "shredded wheat"

"I don't want to" this just started this week, so I think its something one of the other children at preschool says. I've started telling her that sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. Its part of growing up and getting to be a big girl. She seems to accept my reasoning and I hope I can help her to understand the concept. I know she'll still rebel and refuse, but Ally just seems to deal better with reasons for things, rather than none.

"That's silly" Whenever something funny happens.

"ticklish"

"okay, I'll do that" is said after many requests we make of her. Not after all requests - she is 2, people!

"Ally Pumpkin Pie Stuff" when we ask her for her name. Julie was trying to get Ally to learn her last name, and would say to her "You're my Ally Pumpkin Pie (Last Name)!" Ally thought this was funny, and came up with "Pumpkin Pie Stuff!" and thinks it is hilarious.

"Mama! Smell my stinky feet!" followed by two sweaty feet pushing into your nose during a diaper change. All I can say is thanks Grandma Debbie.


This is a picture from Saturday. She looks so serious coloring. Right now she won't color for very long at a time. Becky thinks (and I agree) its because Ally wants to draw pictures and write and color things in, and just does not yet have that ability and so she gets quickly tired (frustrated) of coloring. Here she was drawing a picture on a birthday card.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

This is sooooo awesome to capture on your blog. LOVE it. I started our blog for this simple reason and that was to capture all those special sayings and things I'd forget to ever put into a baby book, like I'd ever get to that, LOL