Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Early Dismissal

We got hit with another snowstorm today - about 8" and more due to fall tonight. The snow started around 8AM, so school was not canceled, but dismissed early for Ally at 1230. So I went home, packed a bag of Ally's favorite things, her movies, the portable DVD player with her headphones, snacks etc. Drove to school, picked her up and went back to my office. With all of these storms I am way behind, and payroll was due today so I needed to get my work done. At my office I set Ally up in an empty cubicle and she loved it! Here she is watching Beauty and the Beast.
The view of her all sprawled out.
Smiling for mommy, but really hoping to get the picture taking done quicky so she can get back to the movie.

After Beauty she wanted Tinkerbell, turns out I turned it on in Spanish and she watched about 25 minutes of it before I told her it was time to go home! When we got home we re-started the movie, in English this time!
Ally was amazing - such a trooper at my office and it helped me so much to get my work done. Now it's ok if I stay home some tomorrow with more snow in the forecast. Both Becky andAlly have a snow day, no school tomorrow.

I also wanted to say thanks for all the healthy wishes for Ally. She was back at school yesterday and her fever has been gone for a few days. She started getting bloody noses last week, we've had 3 at home, and 1 at school today. The doctor says its the dry air (probably too because she has been inside so much from being sick). We've got the humidifiers going and Becky and I are getting better on not getting freaked out by all the blood.



No comments: