Friday, September 16, 2016

San Diego Day 3

We gave Ally the choice of going to the San Diego Zoo or going kayaking. She chose kayaking. Becky and I were quite glad! We love to kayak and after 2 days of walking around looking at animals we were ready for something different. We booked a 2 hour guided tour of the bay, leaving from Coronado Island.

The view from our hotel room. I was up early every morning and would sit on our balcony drinking ,y Diet Coke and reading with this view in front of me. I was pretty happy. 

I kept my phone in a ziplock bag tucked in my shirt and I would pull it out for pictures! I paddled my own kayak and Ally and Becky were together.
Selfie with the skyline!
That is the USS Midway 

A group shot!
Me and my kayak, that is the Coronado bridge behind and above me and Becky below.


It was a fun time. I was pretty tired after all that paddling, but Ally not so much. Several people commented on her skill and stamina. All that gymnastics really pays off in other ways.

We had lunch after kayaking, then headed to our hotel to change and pack up for the beach!

Ally did gymnastics the whole time we were there. 






The best part was that Ally told me, "I really want to do a back hand spring" I told her to do go ahead and try. So she did. And did it right there on the sandy beach. She was so excited, she could not stop tumbling. It was a huge break through from her to do one outside the gym. 
After all her issues this year it was truly magical to watch her joy at doing gymnastics on the beach. 

Becky went in the ocean.
Ally waded in and said it was too cold

I enjoyed my beach chair.


We were right by the famous hotel.


Family selfie!!! 
It was such a fantastic vacation we are already planning on going again next year. 
Many thanks to Gruncle and Suzie. 

No comments: