Sunday, April 21, 2019

Spring Break 2019 Fort Lauderdale!!! Day 6

Thanks to my favorite travel website Expedia we booked an efficiency studio with an ocean view right on the beach in north Fort Lauderdale. It was late night so sleeping in was the primary objective. But eventually around 11 Ally woke up got showered and we headed out to the mall for some shopping. 

For the record I was up early and went to Publix and back by 930am. It felt so good to get some groceries and not have to eat all meals out for the next 2+ days.





At the mall our first stop was Dillard’s. Lots of Florida Dillard’s memories for us every year we would shop at Dillard’s in Sarasota with my mom and Aunt Martha and last year it was Dillard’s in Tampa with Aunt Martha. No more children’s department for Ally. She’s moved up to Juniors but she still managed to find 2 shirts and a dress. Very cute. 

Then it was to her newest favorite store, American Eagle which she discovered earlier in the week in South Beach. 1 pair of jean jeggings in a size 00, a pair of shorts, 2 shirts and a belt. I decided it was time she have a belt. (I’ve never been a size 00 anything! But my super fit girl is and will be for a long time.)

Lunch at PF Changs which was delightful! Ally and I had some time to talk about life and school and Easter and how she was feeling about not being home. She told me she was a little sad, but mostly she just wanted candy and was sad about no peeps. She said “I’ve had Peeps every Easter of my life” . 

Well that started the great Peep hunt of 2019! Earlier at Publix I did buy some candy for an Easter bag for Ally but they had no Peeps. So I texted Becky and she went on Peep Hunt. Seriously. 2 CVS stores, a 7-11, a phone call to Target who was out of Peeps and finally a call to Wallgreens said they had peeps. So Becky met up with us at the mall and she took Ally back to the hotel and I went to Wallgreens for the peeps. Lots of Uber rides but success! 

After some quiet time back in the room we headed down to beach. 











Yes that is Becky in the water. She was loving it. She floated while I took pictures of Ally. Neither of us wore suits to the beach. But Becky loves the water and was so happy.





Then the leaps started:









Over and over she asked me to take them.  And then she would critique her form. I was a bit incredulous because I can’t image doing one of these. But she is a gymnast!

All in all a pretty fantastic day. We ended it by watching the NCAA Gymnastics finals in our room. Ally’s beloved UCLA did not the championship this year, they came in 3rd but that was the only blight on an otherwise special and fun day. 



No comments: