Monday, June 9, 2008

Heat Wave = fun in the driveway

It has been in the 90s here for a couple of days now and it supposed to stay this way for another couple of ones. We went out on Saturday and purchased the requisite Kiddie Pool for Ally. Gotta love that you can get one for $8.49! It was too late on Saturday to set it up, but Sunday Becky laid out a carpet, so Ally wouldn't have to walk on the pavement in her bare feet! And then she filled up the pool and let it heat up in the sun during Ally's nap. After nap I gooped her up with sunscreen and dresse her up for an afternoon of driveway pool fun. For those of you who don;t know our house, we live in the city where yard space is rare, we have a front yard, but the drieveway is much more private and its larger than the yard!
Her she is Miss Bathing Beaty 2008!

The scene is set!


Oops it turns out that Ally would rather sit in her chair and sip water and watch the pool than get in the pool. Mama tried really hard to make it fun and enticing for Ally, but no luck this time, Ally wouldn't touch the pool.

But she was very happy to sit on her scooter and dump water out of the bucket of water mama brought her.
Please fill it up again?

Thanks. Now I can hoist it up...

And dump it out all over

Oh look there is a bird - I am doing the sign for bird!

Ohh this water is nice and cool, it feels good.

Yummy water - it tastes good too.

Sometimes Ally looks so serious, I wonder what she is thinking.

BTW - thanks to Rebecca for the very cute purple crocs Ally is sporting, we have been waiting a year for her feet to be big enough to wear them. They are still a little too big, but I thought they made the outfit (its kind of a purple hat club-esque, outfit don't you think?)

On a side note, today marks the 1 year anniversary of being Ally's mom. June 9, 2006 my mom and I flew to Guatemala to bring Ally home. We consider June 13 our Forever Family Day, since that is when we arrived back in the USA, and Becky, Ally and I were together. Its pretty remarkable to remember the emotions and feelings of last year on this day. It was so strange not to have Becky there too, but by finishing out her academic year she was able to obtain tenure and spend this year and next with Ally as a stay at home mom. I am very fortunate and grateful that my mom came with me on the pick-up trip. Thanks mom. And thank-you to our friends who kept Becky company while I was gone; Rebecca, Paul, Charlo, Allison, Phil and Wyatt.

3 comments:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Happy 1 year home as a forever family! Ally is such a beauty in her bathing suit and I love the crocs!

Mia loves to drink the water she is playing with too!

Anonymous said...

Abby doesnt get into her pool either....hmmm

cute pics!

cm said...

Alice will be more than happy to have another playdate with Ally and teach her all about pools. While she hasn't been in a kiddie pool, she loves my folks' pool in Flroida, so I am hopeful!

Yay to forever families!