Monday, May 18, 2009

Wedding Weekend

We were at a wedding this weekend! My cousin Dan married Jessica. It was a great celebration and the 3 of us were honored to be there to share the festivities with them.

The happy couple.


The groom's parents - My Aunt Martha & Uncle Phil


Sisters - my mom and Aunt

Now comes the story... Becky and I had been shopping for dresses for at least 2 months. We've lost weight and did not have anything at all suitable to wear to the wedding. Ally too needed a new fancy party dress to wear as well. 3 dresses is a lot for 1 family to shop for.
Finally we had all the dresses (after several purchase and returns, undergarments etc) we were set. The dresses were hanging up in the garment bag for us to carry on the plane with us. Only we forgot the garment bag.
And we did not realize it until we arrived in Pittsburgh and were driving out of the rental car place. Needless to say it was tense there for a while. But my co-worker, and friend Alyssa really came thru for us. She went to our house, got the dresses, and fed-exed them to us "overnight guaranteed by 12PM Saturday" for the 4PM wedding. The dresses arrived at 9AM and all was perfect. (we did purchase back-up dresses just in case at the TJ MAXX across the street from the hotel, and in the end I wore my back-up dress not my original dress). It was quite the saga. I think we were most upset at the thought of Ally not wearing this dress. It is quite possibly my favorite dress for her to date. (Becky's is my favorite dress for her ever as well so I really wanted that package to come).
Ally loved exploring the gardens before the ceremony. I couldn't get her to smile for a full front picture but I think these capture the scene.

Ally loved putting stones in the lion's chest.

Ally is pointing to a statue

Family picture - I LOVE Becky in this dress. Isn't it great?



My mom and I at the reception.

Ally, me and my cousin Katy. Katy and I will be travel buddies on our upcoming trip to the UK. I just love how Ally is smiling at Katy.


Great Aunt Martha, Ally and me.


My immediate family

The whole family.
I have some more pictures from the weekend for another post. But I wanted to get this wedding up ASAP.

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Oh Julie, you all look so incredibly happy and gorgeous as well. Thanks for sharing in this special occasion. What a fun time!

Summer Ryan Doyle said...

You guys look beautiful! Glad you had a great time.

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Wow! I love all 3 dresses! Great choices! What a saga...I bet that was tense. I would have freaked out!

You guys all look great!