Monday, May 31, 2010

Mama-Daughter Bonding

Saturday morning, Ally and I went on an adventure to the aquarium. She was very proud of the Jessie shirt.
And was stylin' in the stroller.

We got to take the train (yes, the subway, but it is a favorite for Ally). I didn't think it was going to go well when she had no interest in anything for the first 15 minutes. After a pit-stop at the bathroom, we were back to normal! Ally loves these little bronze animal statues sitting on benches around the aquarium. She kept hugging this one.

Ally looking at the fish in the giant tank

Ally's favorite animal to see in the giant tank is the GIANT sea turtle. I am with her on that - the turtle is really cool.
However, another animal is even more fascinating: the museum diver checking on the fish.





After the aquarium, we went onto the new(ish) Greenway park and watched the kids playing at the ring fountain. It's a flat sidewalk with jets that shoot water really high and then it comes crashing down all over the kids. I offered, but it was a bit much for Ally - she was content to watch.
Then we walked down the park a bit further and got to ride on the carousel. Ally didn't want me to take her picture, so I pretended to take a picture of the carousel to get a glimpse of her in the mirror. She caught on to me right away - glad I snapped quickly!

After a stop for lunch and a long walk back to the subway, we headed back home and both had a long, long nap.

1 comment:

Summer Ryan Doyle said...

We were at the aquarium at the same time. It was pretty mobbed so I'm not surprised we missed you, but it would have been fun to cross paths. :)