Thursday, May 6, 2010

Weekend at Grandma Barbie's

This past weekend we spent our first night away from Ally. We went to Becky's cousin Mandy's wedding in PA and Ally spent all day Saturday and Saturday night at my parents' house in NY. Thanks mom and dad for everything. We had a good time and best of all Ally had a great time.




Grandma Barbie went to Friendly's and bought 2 different flavors of pink ice cream for Ally to try - strawberry and watermelon, since they did have peppermint (its out of season) she made a 3rd flavor of raspberry sorbet, so there would be 3 pink treats for Ally. Ally is 3 so she needed 3 treats and pink is her favorite color. It was adorable to look in the freezer and see individual scoops of pink ice cream in to-go cups. My mom reports that watermelon was a huge hit, strawberry was OK and that Ally was not a fan of the raspberry.
Ally and my mom had a blast on Saturday they painted, made cookies with m-n-ms, took a nap, did sidewalk chalk, blew bubbles, played soccer (at least kicked the ball around), watched Toy Story the movie and ate Kettle corn, read books, went to sleep (without crying), woke up the next day and did more chalk, watched Olivia, colored with markers, played some more ball and we arrived for lunchtime! I think my dad liked having company for the day.
We were so proud of Ally. She did not cry all day or night and handled herself like such a good little girl. I missed her and was sad to leave, but grateful that my mom was able to babysit. I know my mom was tired but I do really appreciate all of her hard work.


Good bye picture just before we left for the drive back to our house.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Glad to hear Ally had fun with Gma Barbie! It was GREAT seeing you and Becky last weekend - you both looked fantastic!!! Look forward to seeing you AND Ally this summer!