Monday, May 10, 2010

You can take my picture

Happy Mother's Day 2010!


After nap on Sunday she said "I've been thinking I could put some of my animals in a basket." This was HUGE news to me - she has been sleeping with way too many things:

  1. Ernie (her beloved stuffed Ernie)
  2. Ernie's cloth (dark pink cloth diaper/baby burp cloth)
  3. Ernie's thing (washcloth to wipe his nose)
  4. Ernie's pillow (that Aunt Suzie won at the fair)
  5. Bunny (Goodnight Moon stuffed animal)
  6. Special Kitty (stuffed animal from Grandma Debbie & Poppi Christmas 2009)
  7. Rabbit (Easter gift from Aunt Beth 2010)
  8. Pooh (Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal that she's had since 3 months old when Becky and I went to visit her in Guatemala)
  9. Pooh's cloth (light pink cloth diaper/baby burp cloth)
  10. Taggie Blanket (from MichelleSmiles as my SBB)
  11. Mr Kazoogi (mini-ugly doll from Grandma Debbie as a first day of school gift 2009)
  12. Cat (medium ugly-doll she's had for a long time)
  13. Fluffy (flamingo beanie baby from Grandma Barbie Florida 2010)
  14. Cookie Monster (big stuffed animal)
  15. Little Cookie Monster (mini stuffed animal)
  16. Fleece blanket (Ally's special one she's has since she was 3 months old when Becky and I went to visit her in Guatemala)
  17. Mickey Mouse pillow (that her foster family gave her)
  18. Toy Story washcloth
  19. Clifford (stuffed animal)
  20. Elmo (stuffed animal)

Yes all of those in her crib with her! And a small pillow for her head to sleep on and her quilt from Aunt Beth & Grandma Debbie that she uses as her blanket to sleep under. Ally might be small but that is a lot of stuff in a crib. We have been suggesting for a while that some of her things might be moved to a basket or other place outside of the crib she refuses. It was a BIG deal, and a very big girl thing for her to decide it was time. So we cleaned out a basket and I let her choose who should go in the basket and who should stay. The treasures that stayed were, Rabbit, Ernie (and his 3 accessories), Special Kitty, Toy Story Washcloth, Fleece Blanket, Bunny & Taggie Blanket! I was so proud of Ally for choosing to let go some of her bedtime buddies like this. At night when it was time for sleep she asked for Pooh and of course we let her have it back. But oh such a "big girl" thing to let go of some lovies.

After the sorting she looked at me and said "you can take my picture" and then proceeded to sit on her bed and smile big for her picture. Then she stood up for her picture under her name.


I thinking spending the day with Ally is the best Mother's Day we could ask for. Next weekend we'll go celebrate with my mom.

No comments: