Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Milestone Reached

We reached another milestone this weekend. One Becky has been trying to accomplish for weeks now. I am a bit worried I will jinx it by blogging about it but NO MORE PULL UPS!!!!

Ally has been dry all night for months - since February - and we talk a couple of times a week about how it seems she is ready to not wear pull ups anymore, but every time she says NO.

Finally she was ready and said she would try it.

This is Ally in the morning. She was so proud of herself and so happy to have me take a picture of her.

This picture also shows our official weekend morning routine. I get up with Ally whenever she wakes up and I get her a sippy cup of chocolate milk and a bowl of dry Cheerios and turn on a PBS show for her to watch; Curious George, Berenstain Bears or Cat in the Hat are her current favorites. On Saturday morning I call my mom and chat with her while Ally watched 2 shows and then on Sunday I read the paper. 2 shows is our limit. I have to admit I never realized how educational these shows are. At least once a week Ally says something and Becky and I ask where she learned that and the source is always Curious George or Cat in the Hat, for example we were walking down a street recently not near our house and there was bamboo in a yard and Ally stopped to touch it and I said "that is bamboo" and she replied emphatically "I KNOW THAT" both Becky and I were giggling silently and asked how she knew that and she said "Cat in the Hat". Who knew?

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

Go Ally! Sabrina still hasn't mastered night time. She's been in panties for daytime and naps with almost no accidents for over 2 years but she just can't or won't get on board with night time.