Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bursting with Pride



This is the post where I completely brag about my daughter. Please don't read unless you can not judge me for my pride and amazement and please don't think less of me for this post. This blog is The Life of Ally and a huge part of it is documenting Ally's childhood. It's the way I keep track of all the things I don't want to forget and the stuff I want Ally to know. Most of the time that is good stuff, sometimes not so good and this time it is WONDERFUL good.




At preschool Ally's class has had a special music class once a week. There is a local music school that uses Ally's class as their student teaching assignment. When I parent helped last it was on a music class day. I was so amazed - it was really cool how the class worked and it was very clear that Ally loved it. Afterwards I introduced myself to the professor and she told me "Ally is very talented...she should take music class" I smiled and thanked her and mumbled something like "maybe...." she went on to tell me how important it was that we support Ally in her musical endeavors.



Pretty neat, right? She probably says that to all of the parents she meets. But we have known for sometime now that Ally likes music, my mom has been encouraging us to have her in a class of some kind for years now. But gymnastics and swimming and school and play dates and we really haven't wanted to get too scheduled.



But I kept thinking about it.



So I emailed the professor, introduced myself again in email and asked if she had any suggestions for a music class for Ally. She wrote me back and thanked me for getting in touch and wrote "Ally is SO musical, bright and a pleasure to teach." (her emphasis, not mine).



Well every time I think about this I just grin. How can I not be proud of Ally?



"A pleasure to teach"- what a fabulous compliment.

Every day I think she is a pleasure to parent.

2 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

It is always nice to have someone confirm that your child is as amazing as you think she is :) You should brag!

Pam said...

That's wonderful!! You should be very proud parents!! I think Ally has "piano playing" fingers. ;0) I wish you lived closer - I would love to teach her to play.