Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Belated Mother's Day Post

This is over a week late but the warm glow from it is everlasting...


I bought Becky a gift (a small Keurig Coffee Machine) for Mother's Day and wrapped it in plain brown paper for Ally to decorate. I explained to her that it was a gift for mama for Mother's Day and we talked about how Mother's Day was to celebrate moms and do something special for them. She colored the card I got her to give Becky and wrote her name on it and had a good time decorating the package. Here is Becky with the wrapped gift.


The next day Ally asked me how to write my name. I thought she meant Julie but she said she wanted to write mommy. So I wrote it down. Then she asked how to write Happy Mother's Day. So I wrote that down too.

And a warm feeling just filled up my heart.






I ran to get the camera and started taking pictures of Ally writing.













All on her own she thought of this. Becky did not prompt her. I just could not believe how thoughtful and caring she was. There was a gift for mama and Ally wanted Mommy to have a gift too. (the envelope she wrote it all on was a "gift" she made me earlier in the week. She made me a picture and Becky crafted an envelope/wrapping for it. Then on Saturday morning before Mother's Day Ally asked me to get the gift, so she could then address it to me.) Is that the sweetest story? Gosh how I love her. And wow she is growing up.

No comments: