Thursday, September 26, 2013

Apple Picking with Aunt Beth

Aunt Beth came this weekend and of course we went apple picking. Yes that is two weekends in a row of apple picking. Same orchard. Last week Ally wanted to do the hedge mazes. I refused. A few years ago Ally and I attempted the small maze while Beth and Becky picked apples. It was a hot day and it was a nightmare. Ally and I wandered and could never find the middle. So I told her she could do the mazes this week with Mama and Aunt Beth.

IMG_4334IMG_1751

Turns out Beth has a fear of hedge mazes. So that left Becky to accompany Ally. Great choice. They made it out of the small maze in 10 minutes!

IMG_4338IMG_4341

Then we picked apples. Empires and Royal Gala and Cortland this week.

IMG_4340IMG_4344

IMG_4354IMG_4347

I was Ally’s ladder this week. She was “saving her legs for the monster maze”. Becky carried all the apples back to the car. I carried Ally on my shoulders.

IMG_1747

That is an aerial shot of the Monster Maze. The advertise it as the “largest hedge maze in North America”. It is apparently 1 1/2 miles long and they tell you to expect it to take about an hour!

IMG_4349IMG_4351

Photo op with the sign and studying the map before entering the maze.

IMG_4352IMG_1752

In they go!

IMG_1757IMG_4358

They found the middle! And made it out in 20 minutes! One of the employees told me Ally had a big smile on her face the entire time. This girl really likes her challenges.

IMG_4332

Before we left Ally and Beth got their picture with the orchard mascot “Henry Bear”.

No comments: