Saturday, February 15, 2014

An unusual first

Recently I purchased a curling iron. Ally’s hair is getting pretty long, and she still does not like to wear it pulled back much or in braids. Since Ally does not like the hair dryer either, but tolerates it most mornings to do her hair, I thought a curling iron and curling it might be an option.
IMG_6017
wiggling her 2nd loose tooth in the mirror while I curl her hair
IMG_6018
Smiling in the mirror because she liked the way it looked. I thought it was a huge success. Then I left to go to church, and Ally and Becky met me there, and Ally had pulled her hair back into a pony tail. She asked Becky if it was alright, and pulled it back herself. She told me she “didn’t feel comfortable” with it the curls and asked if next  time I could do it not so curly!
I did not get a picture of the finished do – but trust me it was not that curly. Just long waves and a few long curly-cues.
This beautiful daughter of mine is so resistant to change. Oh well – we’ll keep trying.

No comments: