Sunday, January 2, 2022

Last week of 2021

Because Ally was feeling so crummy all week we didn’t do much. That and COVID Omicron variant is rampant. Ally’s boyfriend’s family has 3 people with COVID so no socializing with him this week. We did drive over to his house and drop off some at home test kits and a few other things for them. 
We had grand plans for exploring Boston this week but in the end just stayed home. 

We finished Advent calendars! After Advent. 

I made a huge quantity of Chex party mix.

Ally was on her school Instagram page. I love seeing her having fun with friends.


We left the house to drive to Castle Island in Boston. We walked around for a short walk and then came home.




Headed to Tommy’s house. Dressed in something other than sweatpants for the first time in weeks. 

Finally it was New Year’s Eve. 

We did some coloring together on 2022 coloring pages I printed out and then we each filled out a sheet:







New Years Eve. Just the 3 of us again this year. 
Maybe next year COVID will be more in control and we can celebrate with friends.




Lots of attempts at a family picture.



Sparkling cider for Ally and me but Becky drank the champagne our cleaning crew gave us for Christmas.


Mommy selfie. Aunt Martha, do I look like Grandma Mimi in this picture?


Ally gave me a photo book of pictures of she and me over the years and I love it and it made me want to keep getting pictures of the two of us.
We made it to midnight and we were so tired.


But New Year’s Day we decorated gingerbread houses.






They came out great.




Then we played New Years Eve Scattergories.




I won!

2021 was quite a year. So much change and progress and growth. Yet so much anxiety and stress and COVID still impacting everything. 

But I’m hopeful for 2022. 
More adventures, more family time and more laughter.


And then after gingerbread houses and after Scattergories Ally just stayed with us in the living room. Hanging out on the couch playing games on her phone, texting friends. It was a lovely few hours. Above she was laughing at a group text chat.
Below am snuggled with her pets. 


It was a great start to the new year.

No comments: