Sunday, July 20, 2008

Going Up is more fun than coming Down!

One of Ally's latest favorites at the park is the slide. For months now we have been encouraging her to go on the slide. She would have NOTHING to do with it - she wasn't even a big fan if Becky went down it with her (slides as an adult are not my thing).
But lately she has been obsessed with climbing up the slide. Saturday we went to the park and she finally managed to scale the slide - check out her battle and success below.
Here I go just getting started on the climb, they say the first step is the hardest!

Check me out - this is not so hard.

Ohhhh oops I slipped - can you tell I love this "slipping" thing?


Nah nah ha ha Check me out - I'm getting there.

Uh oh I "slipped" again.

Hmmm this climbing thing is hard work.

It takes a lot of concentration when you make it to the top not to "slip" all the way down. Did I tell you I gained 10 ounces in 2 months? I am still not yet 21 pounds, only 20 lbs 14 oz, but still 10 oz in 2 months means its a lot harder to swing my legs over like this.

Oh now I made it to the top, turned over to face the slide and go down on the bottom like my moms said. Umm this is scary will someone help me?


Weeeeee that was fun. Can I do it again?



I love the slide now!

PS - this super adorable dress is courtesy of Grandma Debbie. Thank-you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that dress!!! Pretty girl!! What fun!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

What a cute dress! She sure was determined! Love the last pic too!

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

I love her look of concentration and determination. What a cutie.