Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vacation on the Cape

Well we just today - a few hours ago got back from a week in C.ape C.od with Becky's parents and sister. We had beautiful weather all week and a wonderful time. In the mornings we went to the beach for a few hours, and then Ally and I went back to the house - she would nap and I would read. I read 4 books this week - it was GREAT. I love to read but don't have the time or the inclination much any more to read. But with lots of people to help entertain Ally I took advantage and read to my heart's content.



Ally had a great time and enjoyed the beach a lot more now than in February when we were in F.lori.da. You can see for yourself with the pictures.





I call the picture above " The Ally Squat" this is her preferred position when playing in sand. I can't imagine how its comfortable - but she seems to like it.




Ever the dainty one - she walked all over the beach with one hand raised up in the air - here she even braved the seaweed.


The 3 of us! Don't we look like we had fun!



She loved to sit in the big beach chairs. One of us would get up and she would go over and sit in our chair - she looks so proud of herself.

Here she is sitting in the sand.

The first few days we brought her in the ocean in her floaty.

She even braved the pool.


The last day she went in the ocean without the floaty - yes that is Becky and I with her.


Lots of fun on the vacation - thanks Grandma Debbie and Papi Dave for inviting us to join you, and thanks to Aunt Beth for playing with me and spending the week off island!

2 comments:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Oh so jealous! Looks like you guys had a great time! So glad Ally doesn't hate the sand anymore. She looks so cute sitting in the big person chair.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh what fun! Abby wouldnt go near the water when we took her to the ocean! Party pooper!

Cute pics!