Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Re-adoption


Yesterday was a big day for me. I was formally re-adopted by my moms here in Massachusetts. I officially now have a middle name, Suzanne! Before I had no middle name, but now my name is complete. My Grandma Barbie and Grandpa Frank came from NY to share the experience with us and we have a really fun time.


Grandma brought Carl (my favorite cat) a cat bed all for him. She told mommy it was supposed to be for me, and every time she saw Carl on it Grandma would shoo him away. But Carl is kind of like a toddler - he doesn't always listen and he thinks its a bed just for him. Since he is so patient with me and lets me pull his tail and crawl all over him and stuff I don't mind sharing it with him.

We had to go to a big building and wait in a court room. I didn't mind since I had my sippy cup of water to chill out with.



There was a nice man in a black dress who signed some papers and everyone clapped. Then we left. It was a lot less waiting and less stressful than the US embassy in Guatemala, I was glad about that.


Here is a picture of all of us in court room.


After the court thing we went to my "Mama and Me Spanish Class". Mommy and Grandma went shopping and picked out some really cute dresses at the 2nd hand store. I can't wait until I am big enough to wear them! After class we went to the park and I was able to demonstrate my slide climbing skills to Grandma. She was really scared I would fall. But I did not.

Grandpa Frank watched all the fun from a bench.



After the park I took a nap and then we went to the pool. As you can see mama and I had lots of fun in the pool.

Here mama and I are with Grandma and Grandpa in the pool. It was so much fun and I didn't cry at all. Mommy says I am getting to be a big girl. I even let grandma and grandpa hold me in the water!

After the water I dried off in my cat towel eating a cracker.


After swimming we went out to dinner. Unfortunately I was not feeling so well - teething is painful and when my mouth hurts I am not so much fun to be around. I was a lot of trouble for my moms who had to take turns eating their dinner and walking me around outside on the street. But since everyone but me is smiling in the picture above I guess I was not too much of a challenge.

When everyone was done eating their dinner Grandma and Grandpa surprised mommy with a piece of cake for her birthday. Lots of people sang her a song. I thought the candle was pretty neat. I didn't want any of the cake, I just ate the strawberry next to the plate. They looked really pretty and tasted yummy.

Finally we got to go home and I could play with my toys.

And play peek a boo between Grandma's legs!

It was a great day. I am so relieved to finally have this official stuff taken care of. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for such a fun time.

3 comments:

cm said...

Where do you take Ally swimming? And congrats! We just had our first appointment with your lawyer today. Thanks for the recommendation! Hopefully we will be following in your footsteps soon at the Courthouse!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Wow!!!! Congratulations! In Michigan we can't readopt but we did change Mia's name and she has both of our last names - we can't do second parent adoptions either. I am so jealous you are in Mass. I keep telling Jenny I want to move there.

So sorry that Ally is teething. That is hard to deal with.

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

My email address is gwenrenee007@comcast.net.

Email me : )