Saturday, August 23, 2008

5K

Today- well this morning actually (since its still only 1115 AM) - was a BIG day for mama and Aunt Beth. They ran in their very first 5k race! Ally and I hung out at the park and entertained ourselves while they warmed up and ran. WAY to GO Beth finished in 35 minutes and Becky was complete in 38 minutes 49 seconds. Very impressive times and Becky actually ran the entire thing. Of course I documented it and am now blogging it. I know this is the Life of Ally so I hope you don't mind reading a post about the life of Ally's mama.

Beth and Becky in their strength pose pre-race.

Registering for the race.


Check out their numbers! Becky was #1 and Beth was #2. They were pretty proud of themselves for their numbers!

Stretching before the race. Don't they look so elegant?


Waving good-bye to Ally and I before the run started.

Beth during the 1st mile. She is even waving for the camera!

Check out Becky's superb form during her 1st mile!

Ally getting ready to go down the tunnel slide. We explored a new park while the runners ran.


Mid-Slide

End of slide!

It's the end of the race!!!! Go Beth!

Beth with her watch to show her time. She did much better than she had hoped her official time was 35:55.

Becky coming down the home stretch to cheers of Go #1!!!


Action shot of crossing the finish line.

Happy woman her completed her first 5k. I am super proud of her for this accomplishment.


Sisters, sisters. there were never 2 such devoted sisters.

One takes a plane to run a race

So the other runs and gets not so red in the face

Sisters, sisters there were never 2 such devoted sisters

(You have to sing it to the White Christmas song)

3 comments:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Way to go Becky!!!!! I can't even run to the mail box and back to the house! I love the pose of them stretching and them waving by to you guys too funny!

Ally is such a big girl to slide down the slide by herself - Mia would NEVER do that! Go Ally too!

Pam said...

WOW Beth and Becky!!! 35 and 38 minutes???? I am VERY impressed!! WTG to both my fabulous nieces! Woo Hoo!! I bet Ally was so proud of her Mama - Julie too! Good job!

Cindy said...

Aren't you two being terrific role models for Ally! I love the White Christmas song, too! Becky, I think you got the red-faced gene from me.