Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mommy mis-hap

Sometimes mommies make mistakes and sometimes this mommy does silly things to get Ally to be happy. As I said in the post yesterday, Ally has been very tired lately. We're not sure if she is coming down with something, or if its the teething, or if its just being 20 months old. The past few mornings she has been super clingy. She either wants one of us to hold her or she wants to be with one of the cats. She cries when she doesn't get what she wants and so yesterday I gave in to her desire for a cat and let her sit on the dining room table with Carl. Then I documented the event to share with you!

A very nice well-posed Ally and Carl.

Ally was so good petting Carl - very gentle.


Then she lost interest in Carl and starting shaking the salt & pepper mill. I think its so funny how Carl is watching her. I think he was bummed she stopped petting him.

When Ally lost interest in the salt & pepper we went to the park. We were excited that the fountain wasn't on b/c then Ally would play with the toys. She does not having a rocking horse or anything like that at home and we're been trying to get her to play with them at the park.

She decided maybe it looked interesting.

Then she wanted help to get on it - that is Ally signing for help and frantically calling us Elp Elp Elp!!!!

So I gave her a hand to get her on and then took a bunch of pictures of her sitting and rocking on it.

But then I made a BIG mistake. I leaned against the pole and all of a sudden...

water came gushing out of the fountains and Ally started screaming and crying while she got all wet from the water! I quickly dragged her and the horse out of the spray. While I consoled her, I made Becky take the pictures of the post and the fountain so I could blog about it. I still feel so silly for ruining her fun on the rocking horse. She really does not like the fountain and it was an accident on my part that I touched the pole. I think the funniest thing was that while the water started spraying I looked across the park to where Becky was sitting as if to ask "how did that happen?" Then we both realized that Ally was getting wet and crying and that I had turned it on.

1 comment:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Mia doesn't like the fountain type of things at the park either! Bad mama for turning the water on! Ally sure was cute sitting on the horse!

How awesome that your park has toys like that. Someone would steal them around here!!