Sunday, February 26, 2012

Florida - quick post

I took 299 pictures and 7 videos this past week on vacation in Florida. It was great. We had amazing weather, a wonderful time and basically it was was everything I could have hoped a vacation could be. I have several posts planned for different aspects of the trip. But I thought I'd start with a quick summary.
Our first day at the beach. It was actually quite cold at the beach - windy. So windy one day we tied our kite to my beach chair and it stayed in the air un-assisted until we got cold an hour later and headed back to the house.
Ally played on her leapster a lot this trip. She kept saying her bed was cozy and enjoyed having time to herself there playing.
She started the week in a life jacket or with her noodle in the pool.
I am SUPER proud to say I went for a walk every morning - that is 7 days of vacation and I walked with Ally in the stroller every single day at least 45 minutes and sometimes we were gone for 90 minutes! It was great.
One night we played shuffle board.
Ally asked to go back to the Jungle Gardens - we visited there 2 years ago.
"The bird restaurant" is a must do. Another fun part of the trip was that Aunt Martha was there all week and Uncle Phil for part of the week.
We went to a state park and took a boat tour to see alligators and other wildlife.
Uncle Phil, Ally, Becky and I all climbed up the observation tower.
Here is Ally wearing her goggles and diving for coins was a favorite activity as was counting our fingers underwater.
Towards the end of the week Ally was leaping into the pool.
You'd think Ally was the bride in this picture but she's not. My cousin Katy is getting married in May and last year when she went dress shopping I ordered T shirts for her, my mom and my Aunt. Katy's of course says Bride. But these two just had to wear matching T shirts one day.
Ally just had such a great time every day on this vacation.
The last night we walked down to the beach to try and catch the sunset. It was cloudy and so not really possible to see the sun set but we had fun any way.

No comments: