Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Sunday

It was Superbowl Sunday yesterday! And WOO WOO the Giants won. I felt bad that they beat the Patriots, which is Becky's team, but mostly I was happy my team won.

Oh and its Ally's team too.

Here is my big confession. Becky and I agreed before we became parents that our child would root for the Yankees, but that Becky could have other sports. Becky gave in to my huge family history of Yankee obsession, and besides being a Yankees fan in Boston is huge character building!

But last night we told Ally that mama and mommy's favorite teams were playing each other in the final game of the season. Ally had been watching some of the play off games with us and knew which team was red and which was blue and would help us root for our teams. She asked which team she should root for, and Becky told her she could choose. But then I told her my team was in red. That clinched it! She was rooting for red, which meant the Giants!

We made her go to bed at half time and I missed the entire 3rd quarter in her room, but I promised that we tell her in the morning which team won.

Becky called me this morning on her way to work and confessed she forgot to tell Ally. So I promptly texted Lauren the babysitter and asked her to tell Ally that mommy's team won. She texted back that there was a huge squeal of glee.

Maybe its better Becky did not have to suffer that this morning.


Here is Ally watching the game. We made her take a bath and get into pjs before the game. Then we all ate dinner in front of the TV - such a special treat. But no special game food for us, Ally ate roast chicken, an orange and of course a bowl of her "shredded wheat".


Here we are reading books before bed.



But the bed - check it out!!!!!

Ally asked to take her bed rail down and she LOVES it. She is such a big girl now.


Then she asked me to take pictures of her doing funny faces. I swear you can see her tonsils in this one.


Silly Ally


Smiling Happy Ally



I call this one Pretzel Ally.



No comments: