Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Ally's babysitter Lauren texted me this picture of Ally in the morning before school:





Ally had been so excited for Valentine's Day - of course we do gifts! We usually do something small, but this year we went a bit bigger because some of the things are for our trip to Florida.




New markers! And on the couch is a new game for her leapster.


Mommy picked out some cool cupcake fleece fabric and mama sewed an edging around it to create a new blanket for Ally.


A kiss for mama as a thank-you for the new blanket




Becky was really busy sewing - I got new pillow shams for our bed. We have roman shades in Becky made a while ago out of the red flower fabric in our room.



Ally opened her package from Grandma Debbie and Poppy. A very cool handmade paper weaving heart - brought back memories for Becky.




And tucked inside was a pencil, a small pad of paper and a dollar bill! Ally was thrilled to get actual money!




After gifts were opened Ally got a pillow, laid down on the floor and coverred herself up with her new blanket.



And proceeded to eat there - apples, french fries, string cheese, and water while watching the rest of an Olivia episode on my phone.




Then it was time for more cards.


Ally made our cards at school.



I love it.




In case you can't see it in the first picture here is a close up.



I Love Yoo



is what it says



Becky got one too




Ally got a really scary shark bookmark from Aunt Beth.




Becky made pineapple heart lollipops!




I made heart cookies and decorated them myself the night before.




After much perseverating Ally chose a medium size red sprinkled one to eat.




Guess who chose the BIGGEST cookie?


Becky



I ate a very small one





After dinner we all donned our homemade Valentine Heart Shirts and used the timer on our camera to take a picture of us as a family.




I could not decide which one I liked best.

No comments: