Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympics

Olympics!
We have all been enjoying the Olympics. Becky and I stay up way to late at night watching them. We record them so Ally can watch them during the day.
But earlier this week I went home for lunch and we all watched the finals of the team competition live on our ipad. It was really neat.

 Sitting on the couch with mama watching the final event - the floor exercise

 Ally really wanted to see the medal ceremony (after our poorly staged one the other night with Grandma Debbie and Poppy) and she moved into her room for peace an quiet to watch it.
 But she doesn't stay still for long and soon was doing her own gymnastics moves on her bed

I took this picture later that day - we bought her new sneakers for school and she sat down to try them right on. Then she ran around the house to try them out, just like she did when she was 2 and got new "running shoes".
We were talking at bedtime about the Olympics and she said "maybe someday I will be in the Olympics" and I said maybe - but they practice really hard and for a long time and Ally responded "I know- they are older than me so they have been practicing longer" I just love how literal she is sometimes. We talked about how she can be and do whatever she wants - all I want is for her to be happy and as long as gymnastics makes her happy she should keep doing it.
It has been a great week for American gymnasts - team gold medal and Gabby Douglas won the individual gold medal!

No comments: