Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Artist at Work

IMG_8029IMG_8030
Ally has been doing some amazing coloring work at “before school”. I mean these are perfectly colored in the lines. I even asked who helped her with them and she was pretty offended and exclaimed “I did all myself!”

IMG_8032IMG_8034
There was an Open House at her school this week and while there her teacher gave us a card Ally made for me.
The front says I Love You  with a heart on it and then inside there is a picture of Ally and the text says “Dear Mommy I’m having a good time at school”
Seriously – I thought I might cry then and there. How sweet is that?
IMG_8026
We tried out a new babysitter for the Open House. Ally had a blast and at bedtime she told me about the spider web she drew with that evening. Ally explained that she drew a hexagon and then another and another and then inside she drew lines to the hexagon and outside the hexagon she drew lines, like spikes to connect the web to 2 trees. Once she was asleep I went to her craft table and found the picture. It was exactly like she described.

photo2IMG_8035 
In not so fun news Ally had her first hard / dangerous fall at the park on Friday after school. She was playing with 2 friends and they were going really fast on the spinner thing pictured above and Ally basically got airborne, lost her grip and went flying about 2 feet thru the air from about 4 feet high and landed flat on her chest. It was not fun. It hurt. I carried her home, and Becky and I checked her out and called the doctor to be sure. They had us come in so they could make sure she was ok. Ally is in the waiting room at the doctor’s office above – playing a game on my phone with her Pooh next to her. She is fine – doctor said nothing was broken and said Ally might be sore in the morning but it was a good call to bring her in to get checked.

Then on Sunday at Church a parent of one of her classmates asked if we had seen Ally’s painting. We had not, but Ally had told me about it – she was super excited to tell me after school one day that she got to paint during choice time. Below is her masterpiece.

photo

No comments: