Friday, September 14, 2012

Sample of Ally’s work

IMG_7861

Ally started working on a Princess Story (thanks Aunt Pam – its from the Christmas gift you gave her) she finished one a while ago and started a new one. Its pretty neat because Becky downloaded a picture of Ally and then Ally appears on each page of the story – that is Ally behind the tree. Ally writes the story here she wrote “As I was walking I saw”

IMG_7863IMG_7862

Ally is really into drawing what she sees. Last year at school they did a lot of drawing and learning about the different views of things and utilizing drawing as a form of communication in their writing.

Ally did the drawing above of her fish Spotted’s fish bowl on her dresser in her room. I took a picture of how it actually looks. We were quite stunned with the accuracy of her work – the perspective is pretty good and the details are great. She commented to me that the bowl should be moved over (to the right) so there was more room in the picture for the other things in her room.

IMG_7897IMG_7898

I had a very bad day at work recently (it happens) and when I came home Becky and Ally had bought me flowers and made me chocolate chip cookies and Ally made me this card above. Becky said the cookies were Ally’s idea because I like to bake when I am sad or upset, so Ally  thought if they made me the cookies that would make me feel better. Honestly it’s the actual act of baking that cheers me up but it was such a sweet gesture and I was really touched, and the cookies were yummy.

IMG_7899IMG_7900

This is the birthday card Ally made me – that was in July, but I wanted to get it on the blog somewhere. I never tire of having her write or say I love you.

I love her so much.

No comments: